To be kept up to date with forthcoming gigs and events, please contact me to be added to the mailing list.
- 22nd September 2019. I will be joining Lis Stewart and Chris Dyer again at Brockwell Park Greenhouses for an early evening concert starting at 4pm. This is a lovely venue – come and experience folk amongst the marrows.
- 9th February 2019. With Lis Stewart and Chris Dyer, Antenna Studios, Crystal Palace SE19 3AN. £5, doors 7pm. Also playing: Orchestra Fantasma, Strange & Foreign.
- 1st Sept 2018. Lis Stewart (concertina/fiddle), Chris Dyer (nyckelharpa/fiddle) and Jess play at Tooting Folk: expect a blend of French, Swedish and English trad and other.
- 12th November 2016: live performance on Resonance FM’s Hello Goodbye show with the Low Road (starts 1 hour in).
- 19th November 2015: video from Club Integral at Iklectik, Waterloo – improvisation in E minor, Jess Cahill and Pete Marsh.
- 2015: Exciting news from old project The Low Road! Andrew Weatherall’s Moine Dubh label have issued a limited edition vinyl subscription release, including a Low Road single. The band played two very special gigs with Jess on vocals and hurdy-gurdy, in the chapel at the House of St Barnabas, Soho, and at the closing night of the Crystal Palace Festival at Antenna Studios.
- Extract from 2015 experimental live set with Pete Marsh on laptop and double bass, Jess on gurdy, vocals, vinyl record player and loop pedal:
- 2014 – Firepit Collective‘s first studio album “To the Lost” features Jess on gurdy, melodeon and vocals.
- 12/04/12 Excellent review on Bright Young Folk here.
- 23/01/12 Jess’s interview on the Folk Us programme on Bradford Community Broadcasting is available on podcast here. Everything you ever wanted to know about Jess’s musical influences and the process of making the album.
- 1/02/12 fRoots are including “La Sansonette” on their February podcast.
- 13/12/11 DJ Ritu saying some very complimentary things about the album on her podcast.